N 42°39.55965', E 27°44.07344'
The Church of "Holy Saviour"or "St. Spas" is a small single nave and single apse building, 11,70m long and 5,70m wide located in the Northern part of Nessebar. It was built in 1609 by donations of a rich resident of Nessebar during the time of Bishop Cyprian. During archaeological excavations in 2012-2013, it was discovered that the church was built on the foundations of an Early Byzantine three-nave basilica, dating from the 6th century. The church is wall painted by a anonymous painter in the beginning of 17th century. The wall paintings represent scenes from the life of Christ and Holly Virgin. The Virgin Platytera is painted in the apse. Three medallions can be seen in the altar, and below them is the scene of St. Peter of Alexandria with Christ. The tombstone of a Byzantine princess Mataissa Cantacuzina was saved in the church a long time. Nowadays the church is a museum.